Faithful Citizenship will have its monthly meeting on Tuesday, Sept. 26 at 6:30pm in Room 105 of the Holy Family Center. Anyone interested is invited to attend this planning meeting for upcoming events. Your energy and ideas are welcome.
We are in search of volunteers for our Fall Festival on September 23. There is a lot to do and a lot of fun to be had! Please type this address in your browser and it will take you to the digital sign up. Thanks and we’ll see you there! http://signupgenius.com/Go/4090B45a5a822AA8-STstephen
Circle your calendar: Our annual Fall Festival will be held next Saturday, Sept. 23.
- Fall Festival t-shirts are on sale this weekend in the old church. Sizes youth small thru adult 4XL will be available to purchase for $15.
- The Fall Festival is rapidly approaching. There will be a silent auction to help with expenses for medications and supplies for the Haiti Medical Mission. Any donations of theme baskets, sporting events, restaurants, services, etc. would be greatly appreciated!! Please contact Karen Mertens at 615-885-3194 or Renee Timberlake at 615-758-0811. Thank you for your support.
- Flu shots will be available at the Fall Festival. Sign up after the Masses in the old church. Cost is $25 without insurance. For 65 and over, high dose flu shots are available. Check the box on the sign-up sheet if you want the high dose vaccine. See the flyer on the bulletin board for more information.
- We are now collecting donations for bingo prizes. There is a box labeled BINGO prizes in the old church.
- Register to be a Bone Marrow Donor at the Fall Festival from 2pm to 4:30pm. It only takes a few minutes of paperwork and a mouth swab. You must be between the ages of 18-44.
Set-up Oct. 4 and 5. Sale days Oct. 6 and 7. Volunteer Sign-up Sheets are located in the old church after every weekend Mass. This is a perfect opportunity to meet fellow parishioners and become an active member of the St. Stephen family. Donated items are accepted at the POD after every weekend Mass. To schedule larger items for pickup, call Bob Young 615-772-6402. VOLUNTEER and help make this the most profitable yard sale ever! WE NEED YOU!
If you have been using your Kroger Plus Card to help raise money for Life Teen summer camp, you need to re-register your card in the month of August. Go on-line at www.krogercommunityrewards.com, sign in and click on your name at the top right hand corner to see your account. Scroll to the bottom for the community rewards section. You will see your community rewards with St. Stephen has expired. Click renew and enter the number for St. Stephen, 89477, in the space provided. Until you do this, we will not earn money from your Kroger purchases. If you would like to start supporting St. Stephen with your Kroger card, go through the enrollment process, enter your Kroger Plus card number and input the NPO for St. Stephen – 89477. Thank you!
St. Stephen Community Presents Catholics Returning Home: In this summer season, we often take a vacation and relax our minds and bodies. We also might take time for spiritual reflection on our blessings and Jesus’s gift of eternal life. If you have been away from the Catholic Church, welcome back home! We miss you! If you have a relative, friend, neighbor or co-worker who has been away from the Church, we need your help. Please invite them back. To help update Catholics that have been away from regular participation in church life, we will offer a 6-week Catholics Returning Home session starting Sept. 14. We meet in Room 100 of the Holy Family Center from 7pm to 8:30pm. For more details, take an information card from the poster in the narthex. Contact Jerry Marcec email@example.com or 630-362-7150 to register or for more information.
To find the Parish App go to: www.parishsolutionsco.com/stephen
St. Stephen has a new ministry. We make fleece blankets for those who are seriously ill, injured, confined to either home, hospital or nursing home. They are made prayerfully, blessed and given to express caring and concern from St. Stephen Catholic Community for our parishioners, their immediate family members or their close friends. The following prayer is sewn on each blanket: “May the Risen Christ bless you with HOPE, COURAGE, and PEACE. St. Stephen Catholic Community holds you in prayer and covers you with love.” If you know of someone who would benefit from receiving a Prayer Blanket, call or email Lorine Bourland 615-754-6899 firstname.lastname@example.org; Elaine Bustillos 615-758-8303 email@example.com; Joyce Davis 615-754-6899 Joyce_davis07@comcast.net; Bettyann Tompson 615-883-3422 firstname.lastname@example.org; or Janet Youmans 615-525-3920 email@example.com.
Online Giving to the church is now available through our website. Click on the Online Giving button located on the right side. Make electronic payments the easy way – you control the amount, the frequency, and how your donation is distributed. All of your information goes through you, not the office. Try it out!
“Community” is what make Saint Stephen special! Like our Facebook Page and stay connected to the good news from our parish. Simply search for “Saint Stephen Catholic Community” in Facebook, or click the link at the top of the website at SaintStephenCommunity.org.